Contact information

Postal address

    Level 1/60-70 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW 2000

Business and corporate enquiries

    Phone: 02 9321 3333

Legal advice

Please note that PCO cannot help with legal advice about the interpretation or operation of any NSW legislation. We explain below what we mean by legal advice and include links to other organisations that may be able to help—contacting them directly may save you time.

When to contact PCO

We can help you with the following enquiries—

  • Information that is strictly about processes for NSW legislation, including whether particular legislation is in force, what provisions of particular legislation have commenced or whether a Bill has been assented to or subordinate legislation has been notified,
  • Assistance with using the NSW legislation website , including its functionality and features, and information about when particular NSW legislation will be available,
  • Technical problems with this website, for example, accessibility, broken links or corrupt files. If a problem occurs, please try refreshing your browser (Ctrl + F5) to see if that fixes the problem first. If you still need assistance, please Contact the webmaster with screenshots or the circumstances that led to the error.

When to contact another agency or organisation

We cannot help you with the following enquiries—

  • an explanation of the law
  • legal advice or research, which includes what legislation applies in particular circumstances, what provisions in legislation mean, how legislative provisions are applied and whether provisions in legislation have been breached
  • an investigation of possible breaches of law.

For these enquiries, LawAccess NSW provides plain language legal information, including factsheets and guides to help you with legal issues.

LawAccess NSW also operates a free government telephone service that provides legal information, referrals and, in some cases, advice for people who have a legal problem in NSW—telephone 1300 888 529.

For legal advice on the interpretation or application of legislation a community legal service or Legal Aid NSW may be able to assist. Alternatively, you may need to consult a qualified private lawyer—the Law Society of NSW can assist with this.

  • Information about future plans for legislation or underlying policies for NSW legislation

For these enquiries, the relevant government department, agency or local council administering particular legislation may be able to assist. The NSW Government Directory provides a list of government departments, agencies and Ministries.

  • Information about the NSW Parliament or its proceedings
  • Information about a NSW government service—see Service NSW or phone 13 77 88
  • Legal research or information for student projects or university assignments
    • The general reference service at the State Library of NSW includes legal information enquiries—telephone 02 9273 1414.
    • The State Library also provides HSC support programs , including resources for legal studies, and the Find Legal Answers website
  • Computer support for the configuration of browsers or the installation of software associated with reading files from this site—please seek other sources of technical support.

NSW legislation website and webmaster